Here are some of our top tips for ensuring the best burn from your candle.
1. The first time you light your candle, we recommend you burn it until wax melts across the entire surface to the sides of tin this prevents future 'tunneling', and ensures an even burn for the duration of the candle’s life.
2. Trim wick to 5 mm before each burn to promote an even burn, steady flame and to prevent the wick from sooting.
3. Keep the wax pool free of wick trimmings, matches and debris at all times.
4. Try not to blow the candle out. We recommend you extinguish your candle with a snuffer. In a pinch, you can use the lid of your tin, but make sure to let the wax set with the lid off. If you're feeling like a candle pro, you can dip the wick into the melted wax and pull it out for the cleanest finish.
5. A draught can cause uneven burning, smoking, diminished scent throw and even reduced burn time! Always keep your candles away from draughty places.
6. As with any vessel or votive, the tin will heat up while burning, however because steel is such an effective conductor it will cool down to a touchable temperature in about 2 minutes - much quicker than glass.
7. Always store your candles in a cool, dry place with the lid replaced. This prevents dust from settling on top of the wax and preserves the scent of the essential oils.
8. We recommend never burning a candle for more than four hours.
9. We advise using a coaster if you burn your candle on a wood surface - as the candle nears its end the heat from the wick may mark wood.
10. Always take caution when burning a candle, and be mindful of basic fire safety: never leave an unattended flame, keep away from animals and children.